As the summer season draws to a close, many people find themselves with a desire to clean up their homes in preparation for the fall. If you’re one of these people, don’t worry! There are plenty of end of summer cleaning tips that can help you get your home in order.
First, start by decluttering. Go through your closets and donate any clothes you haven’t worn in the past year. Sort through your pantry and throw out any expired food items. This will not only make your space feel cleaner and more organized, but it will also give you more room for the things you actually want to keep.
It’s also a good idea to declutter when changing out seasonal home décor. Take the time to go through holiday decorations you don’t plan to use this year, and consider donating.
Next, focus on deep cleaning. This means scrubbing floors, washing windows, and dusting surfaces that may have been neglected during the summer months (like baseboards and ceiling fans).
Windows: Summer weather can leave behind dirt and grime on your windows. Clean them inside and out to let in more light during the darker months.
Carpets: Summer can bring in a lot of dirt and allergens into your home. Shampoo or have your carpets professionally cleaned to get rid of any buildup.
AC Filters: If you have central air conditioning, make sure to change the filter. This will help to keep your home’s air clean and prevent your system from working too hard.
Garage: Take some time to clean out your garage before the winter months. This will give you more space to park your car and store any winter gear.
Refrigerator: Clean out your refrigerator and freezer, getting rid of any expired or old food. This will help to prevent odors from building up and keep your food fresh. Wipe each shelf thoroughly and reorganize.
Bedding: As the weather gets cooler, it’s time to switch out your bedding. Wash your summer bedding and store it away, ready for next year.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to get your home ready for the fall and winter months. Not only will your home be cleaner and more comfortable, but you’ll also be able to enjoy it more during the colder months. So, get started today and enjoy a clean and cozy home all year round!
Not into cleaning? We’ve got you covered! Get a Supreme Deep Clean to end your Summer! Contact us and we’ll be happy to help!
Cleaning your home doesn’t have to be a tedious chore. With these 10 genius cleaning hacks, you can say goodbye to cleaning stress and hello to a spotless and organized living space. Discover smart and efficient ways to simplify your home cleaning routine, saving you time and effort.
1. Use Vinegar for Sparkling Surfaces
Vinegar is a versatile and natural cleaning agent that works wonders on various surfaces. Mix equal parts of vinegar and water in a spray bottle and use it to clean glass, countertops, and even floors. It leaves surfaces sparkling clean and free of streaks.
2. Lemon-Powered Microwave Cleaning
Tired of stubborn microwave stains? Cut a lemon in half, squeeze the juice into a bowl of water, and place the lemon halves in it. Microwave the bowl for a few minutes until it steams. The steam will soften the grime, making it easy to wipe away with a cloth.
3. Baking Soda for Odor Elimination
Baking soda is a powerful odor absorber. Sprinkle it on carpets, mattresses, or upholstery, let it sit for a few hours, and then vacuum it up. It will freshen up your home and eliminate unpleasant odors.
4. Dust with Dryer Sheets
Dryer sheets are not just for the laundry. Use them to dust surfaces like blinds, baseboards, and electronic screens. The anti-static properties of dryer sheets help repel dust and leave a pleasant scent.
5. Cleaning Keyboard with Sticky Notes
Clean your computer keyboard by sliding the sticky end of a sticky note between the keys. It will pick up dirt and crumbs lodged in the crevices, leaving your keyboard cleaner and more hygienic.
6. Toothbrush for Grout Cleaning
Don’t let dirty grout ruin the appearance of your tiles. Use an old toothbrush and a paste of baking soda and water to scrub away grime and mildew from grout lines. Your tiles will look brand new.
7. Sanitize Sponges in the Microwave
Sponges can harbor bacteria, but you can easily sanitize them. Dampen the sponge and microwave it on high for a minute. The heat will kill most of the germs, leaving you with a fresh and clean sponge.
8. Ice Cubes for Carpet Indents
Remove those unsightly carpet indents left by heavy furniture with ice cubes. Place ice cubes on the dents, let them melt, and then fluff the fibers with a fork or the edge of a spoon.
9. Dish Soap for Greasy Cabinets
Greasy kitchen cabinets can be a hassle to clean. Mix dish soap with warm water, dip a cloth into the solution, and wipe away the grease effortlessly.
10. Trash Bag Liner Trick
Place a few trash bags at the bottom of your trash bin before adding a new bag. When it’s time to empty the bin, the liners at the bottom make it easier to grab and tie the full bag.
These genius cleaning hacks are simple yet highly effective in streamlining your home cleaning routine. Incorporate them into your cleaning tasks and experience a cleaner and more organized living space with minimal effort. Try these hacks now and enjoy a spotless and fresh home like never before! Don’t feel like cleaning? Contact us and we’ll be happy to help!
Keeping your home spick and span can be a daunting task, especially with the hustle and bustle of modern life. That’s where professional house cleaning services come to the rescue. If you’re in Oklahoma and looking for top-notch cleaning solutions, Simply Maid OK is your go-to option. From efficient maid services to expert housekeeping, they have it all covered. In this comprehensive guide, we will explore the array of services offered by Simply Maid OK and how they can help transform your living space into a cleaner and more comfortable haven.
The Magic of Maid Services
When you hire Simply Maid OK’s maid services, you can bid farewell to dust and clutter. Their team of skilled and experienced maids is equipped to handle all your cleaning needs with precision and efficiency. From sweeping and mopping floors to dusting hard-to-reach corners, they leave no stone unturned to make your home spotless.
Expert Housekeeping for a Neat Home
Housekeeping goes beyond routine cleaning tasks; it’s about maintaining a neat and organized home. With Simply Maid OK’s professional house cleaning services in Oklahoma, you can expect a systematic approach to keeping your living space tidy. They focus on organizing and decluttering, creating an inviting ambiance that reflects a well-maintained home.
Cleaning Tips and Hacks for the DIY Enthusiasts
For those who love to take matters into their own hands, Simply Maid OK has got you covered too. They generously share cleaning tips and hacks to make your home cleaning routine a breeze. Discover genius hacks to simplify your life and ensure that cleaning becomes an enjoyable and efficient process.
Why Choose Simply Maid OK?
1. Professionalism at Its Best Simply Maid OK prides itself on its professionalism and dedication to customer satisfaction. Their team is prompt, courteous, and respectful of your home and belongings. You can trust them to handle your space with the utmost care and attention to detail.
2. Customized Cleaning Plans Every home is unique, and so are its cleaning needs. Simply Maid OK understands this and offers personalized cleaning plans to cater to your specific requirements. Whether you need a one-time deep clean or regular maintenance, they have the right plan for you.
3. Environmentally Friendly Practices Apart from creating a clean home, Simply Maid OK is also committed to preserving the environment. They use eco-friendly cleaning products and techniques, ensuring that your home remains safe for your family and pets.
4. Hassle-Free Booking Booking your cleaning appointment with Simply Maid OK is quick and straightforward. Their user-friendly online platform allows you to schedule your service at your convenience, without any hassle.
Experience a Cleaner Home Today!
Make your home a healthier and more inviting place to live with Simply Maid OK’s professional house cleaning services in Oklahoma. Say goodbye to the stress of cleaning and hello to a spotless living space. Book your cleaning appointment now and experience the magic of a clean and organized home.
Maintaining a clean home has never been easier, thanks to Simply Maid OK’s exceptional services. From efficient maid services to expert housekeeping and valuable cleaning tips, they have all the resources you need for a cleaner and more comfortable living space. Embrace the joy of a spotless home by choosing Simply Maid OK for all your cleaning needs in Oklahoma.
A furry little friend in your home brings immense joy and companionship. But, it’s no secret that pets can leave behind a trail of fur, stains, and odors. Maintaining a clean and pet-friendly home is crucial for the well-being of both your four-legged companion and your family. In this blog, we will provide valuable insights and practical tips to help keep your home fresh and safe for your beloved pets. Additionally, we’ll highlight Simply Maid OK’s expertise, a renowned cleaning service provider specializing in pet-friendly cleaning services in Bartlesville, Copan, Owasso, Dewey, Collinsville, and surrounding areas.
Removing Pet Hair
Pet hair seems to have a magical ability to find its way into every inch of your home. So, establishing a routine for removing pet hair will not only enhance cleanliness but also reduce allergens, resulting in a healthier environment for your loved ones.
In addition, follow our methods below to effectively remove pet hair and treat surfaces touching the pets:
Take the time to brush your pet regularly. This not only keeps their coat healthy but also helps to minimize shedding and the accumulation of loose hair in your home. Make it a bonding experience that both you and your pet can enjoy!
Lint Rollers and Sticky Tape
Invest in lint rollers or sticky tape specifically designed for removing pet hair. These handy tools can quickly and effectively remove pet hair from furniture, clothing, and other surfaces. Keep them readily available throughout your home for easy access.
Vacuuming with Pet Hair Attachments
When it comes to removing pet hair from carpets, rugs, and upholstery, using a vacuum cleaner with a pet hair attachment is a game-changer. These specialized attachments are designed to capture even the most stubborn pet hair, ensuring a thorough clean.
Utilize Microfiber Cloths
Dampen a microfiber cloth and use it to wipe down surfaces. The electrostatic charge of the cloth will attract and capture pet hair, making it easier to remove from various surfaces such as countertops, tables, and shelves.
Addressing Pet Stains and Odors
It’s important to promptly address pet stains and odors upon accident occurrence to maintain a fresh-smelling home. This keeps your surroundings hygienic and also helps prevent your pet from repeatedly soiling the same spot.
Here are further tips for effective stain and odor removal:
As soon as a pet accident occurs, act quickly and gently blot the area with a clean cloth to absorb as much liquid as possible. Avoid rubbing, as this can spread the stain and push it deeper into the fibers.
Enzymatic Cleaners for Stains
Use pet-friendly enzymatic cleaners specifically designed to break down and eliminate stains caused by urine, vomit, or feces. These cleaners contain natural enzymes that effectively neutralize odors and eliminate stains at the source!
Baking Soda for Odors
Sprinkle baking soda liberally over carpets or upholstery to help neutralize odors. Let it sit for a few hours or overnight, allowing the baking soda to absorb the odors. Vacuum thoroughly to remove the baking soda along with the trapped odors.
Fresh Air Circulation
Open windows and doors to allow fresh air to circulate in your home. Proper ventilation helps eliminate lingering pet odors and keeps the indoor air fresh and clean. Consider air purifiers with activated carbon filters to further improve air quality.
Using Pet-Safe Cleaning Products
Choosing pet-safe cleaning products is essential for the well-being of your furry friends. Harsh chemicals found in some cleaning products can be toxic to pets, causing health issues.
Some suggestions for pet-friendly cleaning products:
Vinegar and Water Solution
A mixture of vinegar and water is a versatile and safe cleaning solution. It can be used on various surfaces, including floors, countertops, and windows. The acidity of vinegar helps eliminate bacteria and neutralize odors.
Natural All-Purpose Cleaners
Look for all-purpose cleaners made from natural ingredients that are non-toxic and safe. These cleaners often contain plant-based ingredients and essential oils that not only clean effectively but also leave a pleasant scent.
Steam cleaning is an effective method that uses hot water vapor to sanitize and deodorize surfaces without the use of chemicals. It’s a safe and eco-friendly option for cleaning floors, carpets, and upholstery, as it only requires water.
Simply Maid OK: Your Pet-Friendly Cleaning Experts
With detailed tips like the ones provided, a clean and pet-friendly home becomes well-put together! For a hassle-free and maximizing cleaning experience, trust Simply Maid OK. We understand the unique challenges of pet ownership and employ pet-friendly techniques, leading to happier pets and a happier you!
Cleaning can be a tedious and time-consuming task. Unfortunately, many of us make common cleaning mistakes that can extend the amount of time it takes to clean, or even worse, can cause more harm than good. To help you get the job done right the first time, here are 10 of the most common cleaning mistakes you need to stop making.
1) Overlooking common areas
A common mistake people make when cleaning their house is overlooking the most obvious areas. When we say common areas, we mean the ones that get the most foot traffic, such as hallways, entryways, and living rooms.
If you want to correctly clean your house, it’s essential to focus on these areas. Otherwise, you might miss the dust and dirt that accumulate in these high-traffic zones. This can also be a significant problem if you’re preparing for recurring house cleaning or deep cleaning transformations.
To avoid overlooking these areas, make them a priority on your cleaning checklist. Dust and vacuum thoroughly, wipe down surfaces, and pay special attention to places that are easily missed, such as baseboards and corners. Also, don’t forget to clean the entryway, which is the first thing people see when they come into your home.
At Simply Maid OK, we make sure to pay special attention to the common areas in our clients’ homes. Our experienced cleaners know exactly how to deep clean and maintain these areas, so you can be confident that your home is clean and welcoming to guests.
2) Not decluttering before cleaning
When asked the question of how to correctly clean house, it is not uncommon for decluttering to come to mind first. It’s important to get rid of any unnecessary items and organize the space before tackling the actual cleaning.
So to create a more functional environment, you would want to remove any loose items that are lying around, throw out trash and unwanted items, and put away anything that doesn’t belong in that particular space.
Simply Maid OK has seen firsthand how cleaning transformations can occur when clients declutter their homes first. By removing clutter and excess items, they’re able to reach areas that were previously inaccessible, which makes the house cleaning process more effective and efficient.
Therefore before starting cleaning or having a recurring house cleaning, make sure to declutter first!
3) Not dusting before vacuuming
Dusting is an essential step, but many people forget to do it before they vacuum. When you vacuum, you’re only removing the surface debris, which means you’re leaving behind any dust or dirt that’s stuck to surfaces.
To avoid this mistake, it’s essential to dust and then vacuum. Use a microfiber cloth to wipe down all surfaces, including furniture, baseboards, and countertops. Be sure to dust from top to bottom, starting with higher surfaces like shelves and working your way down to the floor.
If you have hard floors, it’s also important to sweep or mop them before you vacuum. This will remove any dirt, debris, or pet hair that may be on the floor before you start vacuuming.
By dusting first, you’re making it easier for your vacuum to do its job. It’ll pick up all the loose dust and dirt, leaving your home cleaner and healthier.
In addition to dusting, be sure to clean your vacuum filters and empty the canister or replace the bag regularly. This will ensure that your vacuum is working at its best and picking up as much dirt and dust as possible.
By avoiding the common mistake of not dusting before vacuuming, you’ll be well on your way to having a cleaner, healthier home.
4) Not using the right tools
Another cleaning mistake people make when cleaning is not using the right tools. Using the correct tools for specific surfaces can make a world of difference when it comes to effectively cleaning your home. For example, using a sponge or a towel to clean a hardwood floor can damage the surface, as they can leave scratches or scuff marks. Instead, use a microfiber mop or a floor cleaning machine specifically designed for hardwood floors.
Similarly, using the wrong brush or sponge on your dishes can leave scratches and ruin the finish of your dishes. It’s important to invest in a good quality brush or sponge designed for the specific type of dishware you have. Using a soft sponge for non-stick pans or a hard-bristled brush on delicate glassware can cause unnecessary damage.
When it comes to cleaning, investing in the right tools is essential for doing the job well. Doing research on which tools to use for specific surfaces and materials is key to learning how to correctly clean house. It’s also important to take care of your cleaning tools, such as washing them properly and storing them in a clean and dry place to avoid bacterial growth. With the right tools and proper care, cleaning can be more efficient and effective.
5) Not using enough elbow grease
One of the most common cleaning mistakes is not using enough elbow grease. It’s easy to fall into the trap of thinking that a quick wipe with a cloth or a spray of cleaner will be enough to get the job done, but unfortunately, that’s not always the case.
To get surfaces truly clean, you need to put in some effort. That means applying some pressure with your cloth or scrubber, and really working at those stubborn stains or spots.
Of course, you don’t want to overdo it either. You don’t want to damage delicate surfaces or scrub so hard that you end up exhausted and sore. The key is to find a happy medium where you’re applying enough pressure to get the job done, but not so much that you’re causing damage or discomfort.
So, next time you’re cleaning, don’t be afraid to put a little muscle into it. You might be surprised at how much better your results are when you really put in the effort.
6) Not using microfiber cloths
Using the wrong type of cloth can be a mistake in cleaning. Some people tend to use a regular cloth or even paper towels when cleaning surfaces or wiping down counters. But, this could be causing more harm than good. Microfiber cloths are a cleaning game changer, and you should always have some in your cleaning arsenal.
Unlike regular cloths or paper towels, microfiber cloths are specifically designed to pick up dust, dirt, and grime. They also work wonders in trapping bacteria and other allergens, making them a popular choice for cleaning surfaces and floors. When compared to other cleaning cloths, microfiber cloths are more efficient, durable, and eco-friendly.
When cleaning with microfiber cloths, be sure to use the right technique. Microfiber cloths work best when used damp and gently wiped over surfaces. You should also avoid using fabric softeners or bleach, as this can ruin the microfibers. Microfiber cloths can be washed and reused multiple times, saving you money and reducing waste.
In summary, using microfiber cloths is a cleaning tip you should take advantage of. They can make your cleaning routine more effective and efficient, while also reducing the spread of germs and bacteria. Make sure you invest in a few good-quality microfiber cloths and incorporate them into your cleaning routine.
7) Relying on air fresheners
While air fresheners can be helpful in masking unpleasant odors, relying solely on them can be a mistake when cleaning. Air fresheners are on the cleaning mistakes list because they essentially cover up odors instead of getting rid of them, so it’s important to identify the source of the odor and clean it properly.
For example, if your bathroom smells bad, simply spraying air freshener won’t solve the problem. The source of the odor could be a dirty toilet or a clogged drain, which should be cleaned or unclogged respectively. Once you have taken care of the source, you can then use air fresheners to maintain a fresh and clean smell.
Furthermore, many air fresheners contain chemicals that can be harmful to your health. Instead of relying on air fresheners, consider using natural odor absorbers like baking soda or charcoal, which are both safe and effective.
8) Not disinfecting
Common cleaning mistakes can include not disinfecting properly. Many people assume that a quick wipe down with a cleaning spray is enough to eliminate germs and bacteria, but this is not the case. To truly disinfect a surface, you need to use a disinfectant cleaner that has been specifically formulated to kill harmful microorganisms.
It’s important to remember that different surfaces may require different disinfectants. For example, a disinfectant suitable for kitchen countertops may not be suitable for use in the bathroom. Be sure to check the labels of your cleaning products and use them according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
It’s also important to give the disinfectant time to work. Simply spraying a surface and immediately wiping it down may not be enough to fully disinfect it. Be sure to follow the instructions on the disinfectant cleaner to ensure that it has enough time to work and kill germs and bacteria.
Additionally, it’s important to remember to regularly disinfect high-touch surfaces such as doorknobs, light switches, and faucets. These areas are often overlooked, but can be major sources of germs and bacteria.
By taking the time to properly disinfect your home, you can help protect yourself and your family from harmful microorganisms. Don’t assume a quick wipe down is enough – take the time to properly disinfect and sanitize your home.
9) Not following the manufacturer’s instructions
Common cleaning mistakes have also involved not following the manufacturer’s instructions. Many cleaning products have specific instructions that need to be followed to ensure that they are used safely and effectively.
For example, some cleaning products may need to be diluted with water before use. If you don’t dilute the product as instructed, you could end up damaging the surface you’re trying to clean or even harming yourself in the process. Similarly, some cleaning products may have specific application methods or safety precautions that need to be followed.
It’s important to read the labels and instructions on your cleaning products before using them. Make sure that you understand how to use the product properly and safely. If you’re unsure about how to use a product or have any questions, reach out to the manufacturer for guidance.
Speaking of following instructions, it’s also important to follow those that come with your cleaning equipment. For example, if you’re using a steam cleaner, make sure you understand how to operate it safely and effectively.
By following manufacturer’s instructions, you’ll more than likely see better results from your cleaning efforts!
10) Not taking care of your cleaning tools
Your cleaning tools are important investments that need proper care to ensure their longevity. Failing to clean and maintain them can not only affect their performance but can also lead to potential health hazards.
People can often neglect cleaning their cleaning tools after use. Leaving tools such as vacuum cleaners, mops, and brooms without proper cleaning can cause them to accumulate dirt, dust, and grime over time. Not only will this affect their effectiveness, but it can also cause damage to your flooring or surfaces.
In addition, not storing cleaning tools correctly is common. When tools are not stored in the right way, they can become damaged or misshapen. For instance, leaving a mop head damp and bunched up can cause the fibers to rot and become less effective over time.
Moreover, many people don’t realize that cleaning tools also need to be replaced periodically. While it may be tempting to use the same broom or mop head for years, they eventually lose their effectiveness and can even harbor bacteria or mold if not replaced regularly.
To avoid these mistakes, ensure that you clean and maintain your cleaning tools after each use. You can use a damp cloth or rinse them in warm soapy water before drying them off completely. Also, ensure that you store them correctly by hanging them up or placing them in a storage cabinet. Lastly, replacing cleaning tools periodically and/or when they start to wear out or show signs of damage is crucial.
By taking care of your cleaning tools, you’ll not only keep them in good condition but also ensure that your home is clean and safe to live in.
Due for a Cleaning Transformation?
With Simply Maid OK, you can say goodbye to cleaning mistakes and hello to the home makeover of your choice! Whether you’re looking for a first-time deep cleaning or recurring cleaning services, our professional cleaners have the expertise and experience to get your home looking and feeling its best.
Decluttering and cleaning routines can seem like a daunting task when it comes to keeping your home tidy. But, we can swift through as there are many effortless decluttering and cleaning routines that you can incorporate into your daily routine in order to keep your home neat and organized. In this blog post, we’ll cover some effortless decluttering and cleaning routines that will make keeping your home clean a breeze!
The Power of Purging
It’s amazing how much stuff we accumulate over time. From old clothes that don’t fit to unused kitchen gadgets, it’s easy to let clutter build up and take over our homes. However, purging your home of unnecessary items can be incredibly freeing and help keep a house tidy and organized.
When learning how to declutter and organize your home, start by identifying the areas that tend to collect clutter. This might include your closet, kitchen counters, or living room shelves. Once you have a clear idea of what needs to be decluttered, set aside some time to go through each area and determine what you truly need and what can be let go.
Simply Maid OK suggests following these tips for how to declutter and organize your home:
Start small – declutter one room or area at a time to avoid feeling overwhelmed.
Have three piles – keep, donate, and throw away. Only keep items that you use frequently or have sentimental value.
Let go of guilt – it’s okay to let go of items you no longer need or use, even if they were expensive or gifts.
Get creative with storage – use baskets, shelves, and bins to organize items you want to keep.
Decluttering and organizing your home is just the beginning.
The One In, Two Out Rule
When it comes to decluttering and organizing your home, one of the simplest ways is to adopt the one in, two out rule. It’s a straightforward method that ensures you keep a house clean and tidy. The rule means that for every new item that you bring into your home, you have to get rid of two others.
The one in, two out rule is a powerful way to reduce clutter and stop yourself from accumulating more things. When you buy something new, it’s easy to forget about the old things you already have, and they end up collecting dust or taking up space. But when you adopt this rule, it helps you be more mindful about what you own and whether it’s really necessary.
It can be helpful to create a system for implementing the one in, two out rule. For example, if you buy a new piece of clothing, you can go through your wardrobe and choose two pieces that you no longer wear to donate or sell. Alternatively, if you bring in a new kitchen gadget, you can donate two appliances you don’t use or need anymore.
Residential cleaning services recommends incorporating the one in, two out rule into your cleaning routine to keep your home tidy. This rule will help reduce the clutter and free up space in your home. Moreover, the more items you get rid of, the less you’ll need to clean, which makes the cleaning process easier and faster.
By adopting the one in, two out rule, you can start to transform your home into a clutter-free and organized space. It’s a simple yet effective way to keep your home tidy and ensure that your belongings stay manageable.
The 10-Minute Tidy
We’ve all been there – a pile of clutter in the corner, a few dishes left on the counter, and some clothes thrown over the back of a chair. It may seem overwhelming, but don’t fret! With the 10-Minute Tidy, you can easily declutter and clean up any mess.
Here’s how it works: set a timer for 10 minutes and tackle one area of your home at a time. Start with the kitchen counters, then move to the living room, bedroom, and so on. It’s amazing how much you can accomplish in just 10 minutes!
During the 10-Minute Tidy, focus on removing any clutter that doesn’t belong and putting items back where they belong. For example, if there are toys scattered across the living room floor, put them back in the toy bin. If there are dishes on the counter, put them in the dishwasher or hand wash them.
If you’re struggling with how to declutter, the 10-Minute Tidy is a great way to start. It helps you to stay focused and only tackle one area at a time, making it more manageable.
Keeping your house clean and tidy doesn’t have to be difficult or time-consuming. Professional residential cleaning companies suggest incorporating the 10-Minute Tidy into your daily routine. It can make a big difference in how you feel about your home and your ability to keep it clean.
So, give it a try! Set a timer and tackle one area of your home for just 10 minutes. You’ll be surprised at how much you can accomplish in such a short amount of time.
The Set-It-and-Forget-It Method
One of the easiest ways to keep a house tidy is by utilizing the set-it-and-forget-it method. This method involves choosing one area of your home that tends to accumulate clutter, and designating a specific spot for items to be stored. For example, you might choose a corner of your living room for all of your magazines and books.
Once you have designated this spot, make a habit of putting any new items in their proper place right away. This means that you won’t allow any clutter to accumulate in other areas of your home, because you will have a designated spot for everything. By keeping a dedicated spot for these items, you will find it easier to maintain a clutter-free home, without having to spend hours each week tidying up.
One thing to keep in mind with the set-it-and-forget-it method is that it’s important to regularly check your designated spot and ensure that everything is in its proper place. It’s also helpful to periodically reevaluate the spot to make sure that it’s still the most efficient way to keep your items organized. With this simple routine, you can keep a house tidy and clutter-free with minimal effort.
The Deep Cleaning Routine
While simple decluttering and tidying routines are great for maintaining a tidy home on a day-to-day basis, it’s important to also have a deep cleaning routine in place to keep your home in top condition.
Deep cleaning involves going beyond the surface and tackling those often-neglected areas of your home that accumulate dirt and grime over time. These may include areas like baseboards, blinds, light fixtures, and even behind appliances.
To start your deep cleaning routine, make a list of all the areas that need attention. Then, break it down into manageable tasks and assign them to different days of the week. For example, Monday can be baseboard cleaning day, while Wednesday is for scrubbing bathroom tiles.
It’s also important to have the right cleaning supplies on hand. Invest in a good quality vacuum cleaner, mop, and cleaning products that are specifically designed for the surfaces you’ll be cleaning.
One helpful tip is to start at the top of your home and work your way down. This will prevent dust and debris from settling on areas you’ve already cleaned. Another helpful trick is to enlist the help of a family member or friend to tackle the deep cleaning tasks together.
By incorporating a deep cleaning routine into your overall cleaning regimen, you’ll ensure that your home stays in top condition and is a pleasant place to live. Plus, with a little bit of effort upfront, your deep cleaning routine will become easier to manage over time, as you’ll be able to tackle these tasks more quickly and efficiently.
Help Us Help You
While you focus on decluttering, let us manage your total cleaning ritual! Simply Maid OK is a professional cleaning service that suits your schedule and budget. We are a team of expert cleaners committed to providing the highest quality of service, so you can sit back and relax knowing your home is in good hands and achieve the tidiness of your desires.
The kitchen can feel like it will never stay clean! Dishes pile up in the sink again. Counters get dirty again. Drinks spill again. The list goes on. Your to-do list gets longer and longer. You start to get stressed.
Making sure your kitchen stays clean will not only make it easier to cook but also safer for you and your family’s health. It will also help you save money as you will be able to find and use what is already in your cabinets, pantry, and refrigerator, rather than never finding it until it has already expired. That’s why it’s important to regularly clean your kitchen and keep everything organized. Here are eight tips to help you do just that! And, if you want to take some chores off of your plate, you can also hire us, Simply Maid OK, a residential cleaning service, to keep your kitchen and living space spotless!
1) Keep Your Cupboards Tidy Kitchen cupboards are notorious for getting messy, with items piling up and not being organized. To keep your kitchen clean, remove all of your dishes from your cupboards and go through them, one by one to decide what you want to keep. You can donate any extras or upcycle anything that does not get used in your kitchen.
Now that everything is out of the cupboards, you can easily wipe down your cabinets from any dust or debris. Consider adding cabinet liners to keep both the surfaces and the dishes clean. It will be much easier to keep the cabinets clean and tidy with less clutter!
2) Clean As You Go When cooking, be sure to clean as you go. Keeping your kitchen clean when you’re preparing meals and cleaning immediately afterward is one of the best ways to avoid a stressful kitchen mess later on. This simple habit can have a huge impact on how clean your kitchen looks at any given time.
Stop creating more work for yourself! Simply wash your dishes after each meal, wipe down surfaces immediately after use and take out all trash as soon as it accumulates. By cleaning as you go, you can destress the cleaning process and stay on top of keeping a clean kitchen.
3) Organize Your Pantry Don’t let your pantry become a wasteland of empty bags and crumpled boxes! Keep it organized by adding labels and storing food in clear and labeled containers. We also recommend investing in shelving and baskets. You can get these added in by outsourcing a handyman or even do it yourself! This will help you to know what foods you have on hand and prevent overbuying or wasting, as well.
4) Get Rid of Mold and Mildew If you find mold and mildew in your kitchen, it is more than unappealing; it can also mean trouble for your health. There are all sorts of cleaning products used to clean and disinfect kitchens, but if you need a quick fix before heading off to buy cleaning supplies, head over to your pantry and grab some vinegar. A spray bottle full of vinegar can help fight off most mold and mildew hiding in corners and crevices and prevent it from returning.
Be sure to use gloves, masks, and proper procedures when handling mold. This would also be a great time to consult professional cleaners like us!
5) Declutter Your Drawers Decluttering your drawers is also a good idea. Clear out all of your drawers so you can start fresh and know where all of your kitchen utensils are. This will also make it easier for you to clean them later on, as they’ll be organized. If there’s anything that isn’t used regularly, consider donating it. Also, consider throwing away any damaged or worn utensils.
Cleaning out your kitchen drawers will also make cooking easier. You’ll know where everything is, and you won’t have to hunt for a spatula or a whisk. It can be hard to find things when you don’t have a system in place, so cleaning out your kitchen drawers is an important first step.
Invest in drawer organizers. Some for utensils, some for spices. We love a good spice rack, but you can also set up an organized spice cabinet.
6) Clean Out the Refrigerator Before you can clean your kitchen, you first need to figure out what you have in it. Take an inventory of all food items in your refrigerator. You may be surprised at how much is inside! Be sure to check expiration dates and best-by dates on all food items. Throw out any expired food and organize the fresh food remaining.
Once you’ve cleaned out your refrigerator, scrub it down. Wipe down all of the refrigerator shelves and walls. Take out any removable shelves and wash them with warm soap and water. Don’t forget to clean out the refrigerator door and its shelves, too! Then, let dry and put everything back in its place. Reorganize if necessary!
7) Invest in Mats. Using a kitchen mat under the sink and dishwasher, as well as under the stove, would be a great idea. This will prevent damage to your flooring and protect your wood, tiles, and so on. You can also use this as a way to decorate and spruce up your kitchen to make it somewhere you enjoy spending time!
8) Prevent Clutter From Building Up Again It’s important to keep up with regular cleaning and maintenance in order to prevent clutter from building up again. By spending a little time each day cleaning the kitchen, you can maintain the cleanliness day after day. Set up a routine, like five minutes after each meal or 10 minutes every night. Enlist the help of your family or your kids to keep up with the kitchen cleaning or make a fun game out of it! Sharing chores or doing them together always makes it more enjoyable!
Hire An Exceptional Cleaning Service Hiring a cleaning service can take the stress of maintaining a clean kitchen off of your hands. Even if you consider yourself a great cleaner, it’s easy to let things slip when you have so many other responsibilities in life. If you’re looking for an easier way to keep your kitchen spotless, look into hiring an exceptional cleaning service that will do all of the hard work for you!
Contact Us! Simply Maid OK will keep your kitchen and your home both organized and clean! Our services include residential cleaning services, move-in and move-out cleanings, and more. Our cleaning professionals will be able to answer any questions you may have about how we can help with your specific needs or concerns. We will leave you and your space feeling clean and refreshed. Call us at 1-918-770-6346 or email at info@SimplyMaidOK.com to schedule an appointment today!
Thanking someone goes a long way in showing your gratitude, but it’s tricky to know how exactly to say it. If you want to go beyond simply sending an email or text message, this blog will help you show thanks through meaningful actions and thoughtful gifts. Here are 10 ways, approved by Simply Maid OK, to show gratitude this Thanksgiving.
1) Send Thanks in Advance Spend some time this Thanksgiving expressing your gratitude to your host. Maybe you can send a thank you note, or perhaps you can help prepare the meal. Plan ahead and prepare a dish or two your family and friends will love for friendsgiving. This will make the holiday extra special.
2) Use the Right Words Get specific about what you are thankful for. You should give specifics instead of simply thanking someone for everything. Acknowledge both big and small achievements. Don’t forget to mention the little things that make your life better, like your spouse always having your favorite snacks on hand or a coworker who makes your day brighter. Don’t forget to make it personal! You should let the person know why you’re thankful for them and what they mean to you. If you can, share a story or memory that shows why they’re special to you. Don’t feel like you have to write a novel. Write a short note, a sweet poem, or just express your feelings!
3) Make a Meaningful Phone Call One way to show your gratitude this Thanksgiving is to make a meaningful phone call. When was the last time you called just to catch up with someone, without any ulterior motive? Instead of waiting for someone to call you, take the initiative and reach out. You’ll be surprised how good it feels—and how appreciated your call will be.
4) Plan Quality Time Take this opportunity to show your loved ones you are grateful for them by spending quality time together. Turn off all electronics and focus on the conversation. Also, you could share old memories, play games, or watch a movie together. Plan date ideas in advance or plan a day out to spend more time together! Whatever you decide to do, be sure it’s something everyone will enjoy. Spending quality time demonstrates your care.
5) Give Back This Thanksgiving, why not show your gratitude by giving back? You can volunteer at a local soup kitchen or food bank, or simply do something kind for someone in your life. Even better, do something kind for a stranger! Just make someone smile, whether you give a genuine compliment, pay for their coffee, or so on!
6) Respond with Action This Thanksgiving, take the time to show your loved ones how much you appreciate them with more than just words. Consider expressing your gratitude through acts of service. For example, if your roommate tends to do your dishes when you are busy and you usually just say thanks – now is your chance to switch it up! Do the dishes and take on some extra chores to show how grateful you are! Likewise, if someone has always been there to cheer you on or support you, make sure you are there for them and be present when they need you, too. Whatever you do, make sure your actions reflect positivity and thankfulness!
7) Express Gratitude in Person Texts or emails that demonstrate your gratitude are still very sweet and welcomed. But, if you want to move to the next level, make an effort to express your gratitude in person. Technology keeps progressing, but more of these personal moments are necessary. In addition, it’s important to let others know you’re grateful by cooking a meal for them or taking them out to lunch. Doing something nice for a person that’s there for you is a great way to show how much you care. This can be as simple as a drive or long road trip to tell them thank you in person.
8) Write Down What You Are Grateful For So, if you’re not sure who you’re thankful for right away or you want to spend some time reflecting, start by writing it down! Just the act of writing helps you get all your thoughts in order. In addition, you will always have a list of positive things to look back on and be grateful for, even if you’re feeling down.
9) Mind Your Attitude About Gratitude Mind your attitude about gratitude each day – not just on Thanksgiving or for the month of November! Let’s make it a year-round practice.
10) Schedule a Cleaning Show gratitude by helping around the house with chores. Even better, schedule a cleaning with Simply Maid OK for whoever you want to thank! You’ll be thanking them with clean space, less chores, and a fresh mindset! They are bound to feel special, as well as help and be there for you again.
Contact Us! Simply Maid OK Cleaning will keep your home both organized and clean! Our cleaning services include residential cleaning services, move-in and move-out cleanings, and more. Our cleaning professionals will be able to answer any questions you may have about how we can help with your specific needs or concerns. We will leave you and your space feeling clean and refreshed. Call us at 1-918-770-6346 or email at info@SimplyMaidOK.com to schedule an appointment today!
Hey mom and dad! Are your little ones playful and creative? Are they leaving behind messes after playtime? Are you tired of picking up after them? Do you want to help them build good cleaning habits for themselves? Here are some quick tips from Simply Maid OK for a clean and safe home that supports children and allows them to thrive!
1) Cleaning After Crafts Crafts are fun and a great way to keep your kids busy. But they can also get messy! If a Mr.Clean sponge does not work, you can try using baking soda mixed with warm water to clean crayon stains off of the walls. This gentle mixture should remove the stain, without removing any underlying paint. Furthermore, you can use a vacuum cleaner and lint roller to get glitter out glitter from rugs and crevices. Also, setting up a “craft mat” or “craft rug” with an old mat, rug, or blanket, can help protect your flooring to begin with!
2) Washing Up Toys Well loved toys may need to be sanitized every once in a while. Use a laundry bag to machine wash toys like lego bricks, stuffed animals, and more that may be collecting dust. Some toys can even be washed in the dishwasher or in the backyard, using a hose.
Allow your child to help and eventually start taking this responsibility upon themselves with some supervision. Also, use this as a learning opportunity. Show them that different toys are made out of materials and need to be washed in different ways. Help them sort plastics and fabrics to wash appropriately!
3) Using Baskets and Organizers Using baskets and drawers to organize toys and other belongings makes it both easy and accessible for children to play, but also put away. Use any extra baskets and organizers in the playroom or your kids’ rooms. These organizers come in all shapes and sizes, and even colors and patterns. Hence, this can also double as a decoration.
If you are not sure of how to incorporate these organizers, here are some ideas on how baskets can be used:
Use a basket for each group of toys. Cars in one, figurines in another. Dolls in one, fun costumes in another. Stuffed animals in one, sports equipment in another. The list goes on! Use a basket for each hobby, like art supplies or gaming supplies. Use organizers like bookshelves to keep a collection of literature and preserve your children’s books for a lifetime. Use organizers like grid organizers, which come in 3, 4, 6, 9, and so on. You can put cloth bins in some of these squares and put decorations like plants, figures, and so on in others! The opportunities are endless and your children’s play area is bound to be cleaner. No more stepping on Legos! 4) Disposable Dishes and Utensils Stock up on disposable plates, bowls, cups and utensils for your busy season. This will reduce time spent on doing dishes and putting them away after. Make sure you are being as sustainable as possible and look for disposables made out of recycled materials or natural, compostable alternatives like bamboo.
Also, invest in a dinner set for your children that is specifically designed for kids. This will allow them to eat proper proportions, and also be able to start washing their dishes themselves.
5) Making Cleaning Fun By putting on a clean up song or cleaning up together as a family, clean up time can be as fun as play time! Use your children’s favorite song or find a new cleaning song. You can even put on a Disney playlist or whatever gets the crew excited. Some families even recommend the five-minute cleaning hack. Here, they use a five minute timer to see how much they can all get done together before the timer goes off.
Finally, encourage your children to clean up after themselves by assigning chores with clear time deadlines. You can even offer incentives using a sticker chart or chore tracker. After a certain amount of chores are completed, or a certain amount of days of a clean room, reward your child. Allow them to pick out a new toy at the Dollar Store or go out for ice cream! This will teach responsibility and develop habits of cleaning. This will make your life easier in the long run, and also benefit your children in terms of their personal development and motor skills.
Contact Us! If you are moved by our vision, our mission, and our positive testimonials, contact us today for a home cleaning. Our services include residential cleaning services, move-in, and move-out cleanings, and more. Our cleaning professionals will be able to answer any questions you may have about how we can help with your specific needs or concerns. We will leave you and your space feeling clean and refreshed. Call us at 1-918-770-6346 or email info@SimplyMaidOK.com to schedule an appointment today!
Your home can still be clean and cozy with your-legged friends around! The hair, the dirt, the scratches on your furniture can get overwhelming if you’re not prepared with a cleaning strategy or routine. Simply Maid OK, your local pet-friendly cleaning service, has got your back! Here are four tips on how to clean and maintain your house when you have pets. Keep reading so that your home will always look its best – even with furry friends around!
1) Remove Your Pets From the Room First, let your pet out into the backyard or put them in their crate. Pets often get frightened or stressed when you’re cleaning around them, so it’s better if they are in another room or spot. This will allow them to feel safe, and also allow you to clean effectively and efficiently.
This way, not only will your pet be less likely to stand in your way but they’ll also appreciate that you don’t disturb them, especially if they don’t like vacuums or get skittish and nervous easily.
2) Wash Your Pets Food & Water Bowl You wouldn’t eat out of a dirty bowl, so why should your pet? You should keep your pet’s bowls clean to ensure that their food and water stays clean and fresh.
Check daily! When you’re living with animals, it is absolutely essential to check their food and water bowl for dirt, debris, or pet hair. Plastic, ceramic, stainless steel and other types of pet food bowls should be washed at least weekly with soap and hot water. The hot water and pet-safe soap helps kill germs that can live in pet food and lead to sickness. You can also run your pet’s food and water bowl through the dishwasher to get it extra clean – just make sure that the material of your pets food and water bowl is dishwasher safe.
Also, it is recommended that you put a mat under your pet’s bowls to catch any fallen food or spilled water. You can find bowl mats at the local pet store or wholesale store to prevent inevitable spills from damaging your hard flooring or carpet.
3) Clean Your Pet’s Bed & Toys Pet beds and other pet toys are used daily and can easily get dirty or stained. To clean dirt and build up from your pets bed, use a small amount of mild detergent and warm water. Let your pet’s bed soak in a solution mixture of water with detergent for about 20 minutes, then rinse and let air dry. If you are dealing with particularly stubborn stains, add baking soda to your detergent and spot treat stains with this mixture.
You can sometimes throw your pet’s bed or the outer cover in the washing machine and dryer for convenience and to easily get it clean and free from pet hair and dirt. Always read the tag to ensure the bed or cover can be put in the washing machine and dryer.
On that note, always read the label to ensure that any cleaning product or detergent you are using to clean your pet’s bed is pet-safe and non-toxic to animals.
Similarly, pet toys can also be washed in the washing machine or by hand. This is a great best practice to remove slobber and prevent bacteria from building up. This will also lengthen the life span of your pet’s favorite toys.
4) Vacuum Up Pet Hair Regularly Most pets shed hair year round, and it is a natural way for your pet to do what it needs to. Unfortunately, over time, hair and dander can become embedded in your carpets and rugs, leaving you with pet-hair tumbleweeds. You can use a handheld vacuum cleaner made specifically for pet hair to suck up loose hairs and dirt from area rugs or furniture. This is especially important if your pet loves sitting with you and your family on the couch.
Alternatively, you can go over your flooring with a traditional vacuum or Swiffer; both are powerful tools that have been shown to pick up and wipe down small particles, which means they’ll remove dander and other allergens too.
For an even more thorough cleaning, use a carpet cleaner that uses a cleaning solution and water to lift up any dirt, dander, and pet hair that is still hiding in your rugs or carpet. Just make sure to read the manufacturer’s label to ensure the cleaning product you use is safe for your pets!
Contact Us! These helpful tips will keep your house sparkling, even when company comes in furry and four-legged varieties. By staying proactive in cleaning your home of you and your pet’s messes, you can enjoy a clean home year round!
If you are moved by our vision, our mission, and our positive testimonials, contact us today for a home cleaning. Our services include residential cleaning services, move-in and move-out cleanings, and more. Our cleaning professionals will be able to answer any questions you may have about how we can help with your specific needs or concerns. We will leave you and your space feeling clean and refreshed. Call us at 1-918-770-6346 or email at info@SimplyMaidOK.com to schedule an appointment today!